Teachings of Jesus that are not taught in your church

The teachings of Jesus and the Bible(s) that are not taught in your church

Why don’t Christians teach these things?

by Ibn Anwar, BHsc (Hons)

Google ‘Jesus is the prince of peace’ and millions of websites will appear on the search engine. Christians love to quote Isaiah 9:6 for Jesus and make him out to be the most peace loving being to have ever walked this earth. The teachings of Jesus are pure love and Christianity is love and the Bible is love. How many times have you heard this script? It is really unfortunate that the Christians who peddle these notions either do not really read their Bibles or even if they did they misunderstand or simply chuck them aside in favour of Church dogma. In this article we will look at samples of passages that are rarely taught in the Christian churches or missionary circles.

Christian polemic: The teachings of Jesus are based on love!

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.” (Luke 14:26)

And Jesus illustrates the above love in his treatment of his own mother.

“Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call himA crowd was sitting around Him, and they said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You.” Answering them, He said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers!” (Mark 3:31-34)

Is that how you honour, respect and love your parent? If your mother came looking for you and have walked all the way from her place to yours and appears on your doorstep and her presence is announced to you would you ignore her and instead look at your close friends and ask out loud with your mother there waiting for you, “Who is my mother?” and then you say your friends are your mother? Can a rational and loving son ever do such a thing seriously? One would not expect a loving and respectful son to do something so silly. One would expect a loving son to graciously welcome the mother into the house and perhaps offer her a foot massage after the walk she has taken. And you know what? The passage ends there! It does not say that Jesus invited her mother into the house and gave her a fruit punch or a cup of tea. The message is clearly disrespect. Undoubtedly we have a passage wherein Jesus calls for honouring parents as the law dictates in the Old Testament and we also have Colossians 3:20 saying that children must obey their parents. These passages however do not change the fact that Luke 14:26 and Mark 3:31 to 34 teach people to dishonour and disrespect their parents. Both set of opposing passages cannot be true unless you have schizophrenia. The conflicting passages are contradictions. Nevertheless Luke 14:26 and Mark 3:31 to 34 are strengthened by two other passages from Jesus.

“I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49-53)

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

These passages are explicit in showing that the Biblical Jesus was adamant to break the family unit. No wonder if we go to many Christian societies today we find that their children have no respect for their parents at all. In fact, in America and such places it is considered culturally TABOO to stay with one’s parents after high school.

Now, when we put the passages together the ones that preach family breakdown clearly win out against the solitary passage attributed to Jesus about honouring one’s parents. It’s 4(Luke 14:26, Mark 3:31-34, Luke 12:49-53, Matthew 10:34-39) versus a small section in Matthew 19:19 which says, “honour your father and mother”. The four very explicit and quite elaborate passages win!

Thus, according to the Bible(s) the teaching of Jesus is founded on HATE as Luke 14:26 clearly conveys.

Christian polemic: Jesus is the Prince of Peace and Bible is peaceful!

We have already seen that Matthew 10:34-39 and Luke 49-53 teach that Jesus denies bringing peace on earth. If Jesus himself denies bringing peace how can anyone say he is the prince of peace and that he’s all for it? It makes no sense! In fact, we read in the Gospel of Thomas though not counted as ‘canonical’ a more explicit version of Jesus teaching that he had not come to bring peace on earth.

Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in a house: there’ll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone.” (Gospel of Thomas)

According to some scholars the words that are found in the Gospel of Thomas are more accurate than those in the ‘canonical’ Gospels.

In fact, Jesus taught that those who will not accept him as king must be slain.

“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them–bring them here and kill them in front of me.'”(Luke 19:27)

What Christian commentators have understood from this text is that after the ‘period of grace’ has ended Jesus will return to wage war against those who refuse him and call for their deaths. As Jamieson-Fausset-Brown commentary says, “bring hither, &c.-(Compare 1Sa 15:32, 33). Referring to the awful destruction of Jerusalem, but pointing to the final destruction of all that are found in open rebellion against Christ.” [1]

Let’s have a look at the passage they have asked us to compare with Luke 19:27.

“Then Samuel said, “Bring me Agag king of the Amalekites.” Agag came to him confidently, thinking, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.” But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so will your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel put Agag to death before the LORD at Gilgal.” (1 Samuel 32-33)

The same is mentioned by Matthew Henry in his commentary, “Bring them hither, to have their frivolous pleas overruled, and to receive sentence according to their merits. Bring them, and slay them before me, as Agag before Samuel.”

“19:27. In contrast with the two servants who had axpected the king’s return, the enemies of the king were put to the death in the king’s presence. The analogy of this parable was clear to Jesus’ hearers. Jesus was going away to receive a kingship.” [2]
What the above means is that Jesus will kill or order the killing of those who do not recognise him as king just like the analogy in Luke 19 shows.

The commentator Adam Clarke differs from other Christian commentaries in that he proposes the slaying mentioned by Jesus should occur shortly after Jesus said those words in verse 27.

“Those mine enemies… bring hither. The Jews, whom I shall shortly slay by the sword of the Romans.” [3]

The same fate will befall those who do not accept Jesus. They will be utterly killed. What peace is the Christian missionary trying to offer?

The point of Luke 19:27 is quite clear in conveying the picture of death and destruction of those who do not accept Jesus. Where is the peace?

Christian polemic: Love your enemies, but don’t invite them into your house!

Do you know why Christian missionaries love to darken your doorstep rather than inviting you to their own homes? In fact, those Christians who do invite Muslims or people of other religion into their abodes MUST STOP! This practice is expressly prohibited by their sacred text.

“Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.” (2 John 1:9-10)

Christian polemic: Muslim law is barbaric! Why do you chop off people’s hands for stealing?

What these Christians fail to realise is that their own teacher teaches amputation.

“And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.” (Matthew 5:30)

The same message is repeated in Matthew 18:8,

“If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.”

We see the same message again in Mark 9:43,

“If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire”

You should even gouge your eye out!

“So if your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one of your body parts than to have your whole body thrown into hell.” (Matthew 5:29)

These laws are too heavy for the henpecked and emasculated Christians romanticised by so called humanitarianism that they have altogether abrogated these laws from Jesus by saying that they are mere parables and metaphores not meant to be taken literally. The Christians really need to be consistent with themselves. In the exact same passage we find those verses so loved by Christians that they cannot miss a day without quoting them namely, verses 39 and 44. One says “if someone strikes you on the right cheek, give him the other also” and the other says “love your enemies”. These two are taken to mean literal but those verses prior to them should not? This is laughable. The fact is Jesus taught those things literally. Just because Christians do not have the stomach to follow his words to the letter does not render them moot. The Christians need to start listening to Jesus and pluck their eyes out for all the sins they have committed!

References:

[1] Philip W. Comfort. New Commentary on the Whole Bible(1990). Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. p. 213

[2] John F. Walvrood, Roy B. Zuck. The Bible Knowledge Commentary(1983). USA: Victor Books. p. 253

[3] The Bethany Parallel Commentary on the New Testament(1983). Minneapolis, Minnesota. p. 466

Incoming search terms:

• unveiling christianity teaching of jesus that not taught in your church
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Responses to “Teachings of Jesus that are not taught in your church”

1. ibnsaad says:

I really enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing.

2. Bfoali says:

As-Sallamu-Alaykom,
    Wow Ibn Anwar this is unbelievable! I mean when a Christian preaches to you Jesus you get a mental image of this human who is beyond comprehension, but when the truth is exposed it really is quite shocking. Of all things you think that Jesus would at least have some respect to his mother but then again the bible speaks for itself.
    I really do not know what to say, I am just shocked at the two faces that we see now a days. I am told that Jesus loves this and that and then I am shown these verses and my originally belief is completely erased. Most people convert because of Jesus and his love but this is nothing more than a deceit.

3. Bfoali says:

Whenever I speak to a Christian about the first verse you posted they always say
    ‘’ it is not supposed to be taken literally’’
    Well than how is it supposed to be taken? I mean Ibn Anwar can you help me here please? If I should not take it literally than how should I take it? I don’t really see an alternative.
    If we look at the sentence in order to go with Jesus you have to hate (not literally though!) your father.
    It does NOT say you have to love God more than anyone, it is saying to be with God or to follow Jesus you have to hate your parents. If I am not supposed to take it literally than how should I interpret it? One bible commentary (*) says that ‘’hate’’ means to love less.
    A) I wonder how he got that interpretation
    B) If I want to follow Jesus I have to love my parents less?
    C) If this is not supposed to be taken literally than how do I interpret it?

The second verse you bring is rather shocking I mean how can a son say that to his mother let alone a Prophet of God to a blessed women who was chosen by God to give birth to ‘’God’’ . Not only that but he did it in front of a crowd of people not in private. I wonder what happened right after. Did he continue speaking? The next chapter states that he began to teach again, but I do not know if that was a later time or right after his made the whole speech about who is my mother. The love a mother gives and the return they get very sad indeed.

The other verses speak for themselves but all in all very shocking I have to say. Next time I see a Christian preaching about the love of Jesus I will make sure to reference them the verses you have provided for us.

4. ARMY OF JESUS IS ISLAM says:

Selamu alaykum,
    I must say that this one of the best works presented in great contrast by brother (ibn Anwar) great work! I would like to make a few points: in regards to personal contacts with Christians further exposing the hypocrisy of Christians, where in one instant I trapped a Christian who came to me once and said” Jesus is God” And Jesus is Love. I then expressed verses from the bible particularly the O.T to this Christian about the killings that were preached and put into action by God of innocent human beings through out the old testament, at this time this stupid Christian was agreeing to everything not knowing what was coming, they said ‘’yes’’ this was God but in the O.T, but what they failed to relies is that since Christians claim Jesus is God, therefore the Old testament God who did these terrible things was indeed JESUS himself according to there belief. Once this was pointed out. The Christian was dumb founded and in complete silence, they then got inspiration from the holy spirit and put the middle finger up and left the room..lol.

By the Way here are the verses: that God(i.e) Jesus commanded’’
    1- Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

2- Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. (Deuteronomy 13:12-16;)

3- Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. (Deuteronomy 17:12-13)

4- Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children(girls), that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” (Numbers 31:16-18)

5- Now go and smite(Kill) Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling(Babies), ox and sheep, camel and ass.” (I Samuel 15:2-3)

So if Jesus is god, then Christians must concede and accept that Jesus commanded all these killings of innocent babies and children in the O.T, Christians in return might say..oh but wait that was the old law? That still doesn’t change the fact that Jesus commanded his people to specifically go stick swords into babies, and what makes it worse is that this was a perfect order and law the was legislated by JESUS”:

(Psalm 19:7)The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

So according to the verse above Gods(i.e Jesus) judgment and law in killing babies, was perfect
    And not to forget Jesus expressed these killings even in the (NEW TESTEMENT)

Mathew 15:3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to DEATH.’

By the way the Priest in the video bellow expresses the LOVE LOVE LOVE enjoy Ta Ta..LOL:

5. Zayed Ahmed says:

asalamwalaikum brother army of jesus is islam

i would likke to thank you for your video…its funny how they get inspiration from the holy spirit only when they can’t speak like you said coz i have been through those alot of times

6. Joe Collette says:

Most so called christans dont know who GOD is. The God of the old and new testaments are the same God;HE is the God I serve, HE is the God that declared that 19 young middle easteren men would get on to planes and crash into buildings. The one True God made His covenant with Isaac (Gen.17:-18-21), and gave the land to Isaac(Gen.35:12, NOT to Ishmael, yes He blessed Ishmael but did not give him the land that flows with milk and honey.The artical above is correct God loves no one but HIS own HE is going to send the rest to hell, He only gives HIS laws (agape) to HIS children. I read from the same Bible as do the other “christans” and some how they “think” God loves everyone; but the Bible does not say that anywhere in it. They think they can “get saved” and “accept christ” NOT TRUE! I thank JEHOVAH (Jesus)my God everyday for the True and Just judgement HE is bringing onto america; it is a land of the spiritualy dead, the so called christ-mass holiday is one of their many down falls GOD hates “christmass” He hates all workers of iniquity. The Truth of the Bible is that God has declared from the beginning to the end, and everything in between. He has choose His family before the world even began.

In HIS service,
    Joe C.
    2john6

• Ibn Anwar says:

Thank you for being very candid Joe Collette. We certainly need more people like you! :D. I have just one question though. Are you a member of Pastor Phelps’ congregation?

7. Joe Collette says:

No Way, the guy doesn’t study scripture, you can tell by his converts, they spew mostly hate; they show up at the funerals of dead soldiers and for what, to spread the gospel, wrong message, wrong time (that’s not the gospel) I agree with the stand they take on homosexuals in the military (I think that’s why they dislike the military) But God has never been happy with the US. The USA is polluting the world with false doctrines and clam it comes from the Bible; which leads to the above posts like the one from “ARMY OF JESUS IS ISLAM”

When GOD convicted my heart I searched for the TRUTH; and found the same as AJI; they (preachers) are fake and phony thieves (they do steal offerings), the Bible warns 2pet.2:3 “And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

I knew then I had to find out for myself, couldn’t trust mom, certainly not dad. One of the best ways to prove in the Bible that God doesn’t love (agape) everyone is 2Thessaloians 2nd chapter. 2:11 to be precise. And why do “Christians” most of them (95%) hate the parts of the Bible that says… No freewill, Jesus didn’t come for peace, how much God hates christ-mass (baal & grove), predestination and much, much more. Hypocrites!

Joe C.