God is not a man = Jesus is not God

A trinity of verses deny God being a man

by Ibn Anwar

Is it just mere coincidence that there are exactly three verses in the entire Old Testament or Hebrew Bible that negates God being a man and on the other end of the spectrum there is the idea that God is three persons as Trinitarians hold? I do not think it is a mere coincidence that we have it as such. I do not think that it is mere coincidence that one of the three verses expressly denies that God is both man and the son of man both of which are respectively associated with Jesus. It goes without saying that these verses strongly indicate that the Trinity and the idea that God incarnated into the man Jesus are doctrines that are antithesis to God’s nature.

The New Tesmanet describes Jesus as both man and the son of man in many places.  Acts 2:22 makes it quite plain that Jesus was a man,

“Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Notice that Peter is the one speaking here and he does not use the evangelist script that Jesus is god-man or man-god. Peter merely affirmed our position that Jesus was a man that God chose.

The term “Son of Man” occurs exactly 82 times in the four gospels and four additional times elsewhere in the New Testament – 30 times in Matthew, 14 times in Mark, 25 times in Luke, 13 times in John, 1 time in Acts, 1 time in Hebrews and 2 times in Revelations.

The frequency in which the term is used for Jesus in the Gospels is one of the reasons that have led Biblical scholars to consider it as a specific appelation or title for him. Many Christian scholars have even extended this view into the Old Testament and interpreting verses containing the words “Son of Man” as references to Jesus. For this reason I am curious to know why should Jesus be excluded from Numbers 23:19?

The verse reads,

“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19)

The key part in the verse is, “לא איש אל ויכזב ובן־אדם ויתנחם” or “lo ish el bikhazab uben adam beyit nekham“. The negation occurs at the beginning of the sentence with the word “לא” or lo which is similar with the Arabic negation la. What this literally means is “It is not true that God is a man and will lie and the son of man and He will change His mind”. The negation is distributed to each phrase which then yields, “God is not a man and He does not lie, He is not the son of man and He does not repent.”

As we have seen earlier Jesus is both man and the son of man. Verse 19 of Numbers 23 says that God is neither man nor the son of man. When we bring these two together do we not arrive at the conclusion that Jesus isn’t God? There are basically three responses that Christian apologists may produce when cornered with this conundrum as far as my experience with them goes. I will list the three rebuttals that they resort to together with counter-rebuttals from my own.

1. First Christian Rebuttal:

The verse says that God is not a man and is not the Son of God, however, it does not say that God can never be a man or the Son of Man.

This rebuttal appeals to the tense used in the verse which is in the present. They basically postulate that God is saying that at that time(specifically) He is not a man. That does not mean that He can never be a man in the future.

Counter-rebuttal:

What this argument fails to recognise is that the Old Testament is filled with verses that say that God is this or that and those verses remain true for eternity as Christians themselves will concede in their theology. What exactly do I mean? Let us take Deuteronomy 6:4 as an example.

“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!”

To be consistent the proponents of the first rebuttal must now say that it is possible for God to be 1000 instead of echad(one) in the future if He so wishes. I do not think any reasonable Christian will agree to that.

Let’s have a look at another verse.

You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God” (Exodus 20:4-5)

Does the verse say that “I, the Lord your God, will forever be a jealous God? No, it says “I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God. Does this mean that He can become less jealous or not jealous at all when it comes to idolatry and false worship in the future if He so wishes? No! The Bible says that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow(Psalms 102:27)

2. Second Christian Rebuttal

God did not actually become man. What happened was that God manifested Himself in the flesh. So the verse does not contradict the fact that Jesus was both man and God at the same time.

This argument is favoured by apologists like VenomFangX. It basically postulates that God dwelt in the human cocoon made of flesh and that the flesh itself was not divine and God certainly did not transform into the flesh.

Counter rebuttal:

This idea was also appealed to by Dr. James White in a debate he had with Sami Zaatari on the divinity of Jesus on the 13th of November, 2008 at the Twynholm Baptist Church, London, UK. Sami Zaatari agued that God would have had to change His nature if He became man. Dr. James White argued against Sami’s point saying that God Himself did not become man, but rather dwelt inside the human Jesus so He did not actually change His own nature. You can actually poke a lot of holes in this standard Trinitarian theological gymnastics, but I’m not going to bore you with the details. It is suffice to mention here that Dr. James White on another occassion somewhat admitted that the son of God(who is God) died, but the Father was there to look after the universe. He said this as a response to the Muslim argument that if Jesus(who is God according to Christians) died then God died and who was looking after the universe? Dr. James White mentioned this in a debate he had on a Christian radio based in London with the Muslim da’i(missionary) Abdullah Al-Andalus. What this implies is that James White has actually conceded that Jesus as the second person of the Trinity who is fully God himself actually died. This is also what Christian apologist Jay Smith said in a debate with Shabir Ally which you can watch here. Jay Smith simplysaid that, “I have no problem with God dying”. Ergo, the death on the cross was not simply experienced by the flesh, but also by the divine part of Jesus. This position has to be accepted by Christians who take him as God so as to remain consistent with their theology as we shall see.

John 1 is perhaps the premier passage for Jesus worshippers to prove the divinityof Jesus. They say that the logos is actually Jesus and the logos is God. In that case Jesus is literally God in flesh because verse 14 says that the logos BECAME(egeneto) flesh. It does not say that the logos manifested in the flesh and the flesh then acted as a body that clothed some divine Spirit. To sum up, according to to Trinitarian belief God himself INCARNATED. As the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary says under incarnation, “(in Christianity) the act of God coming to earth in human form as Jesus.” God became human according to Trinitarian interpretation of John 1:14 i.e. logos is God and logos became flesh(man) = God became man. *

So, the excuse produced by apologists like VenomFangX does not really hold water and Numbers 23:19 still stands a contradition to the idea that God became man.

3. Third Christian Rebuttal

The context shows that the verse is talking about man’s limited and fickle human condition in that they lie and change their minds or require repentance for their actions.

Counter rebuttal:

The following is the context.

18. And he took up his parable, and said, Rise up, Balak, and hear; hearken unto me, thou son of Zippor:

19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

20. Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.

Yes, I will agree with the rebuttal that the context shows that it is talking about the human limitation and how God does not have those limitations i.e. lying and repenting. However, I fail to see how this negates the fact that the verse says “God is not a man …nor the son of man”. In fact, I think the context further supports my position because lying and repenting are innate human conditions. It is because the nature of man contains the facility to lie and to repent that God is not a man! That is what the verse means. As the saying goes ‘to err is human’. It is because God does not err that he is not human/man and it is because he is not man/human that he does not err! Some have tried to suggest that God can be human provided he becomes a perfect human who does not lie nor repent. It is to that effect that he became Jesus who was perfect and sinless. As a matter of fact, Jesus did repent according to the so called Lord’s prayer(Matthew 6 & Luke 11) which he read and taught. Apologists would reply saying that Jesus himelf did not repent, but was actually teaching the disciples how to pray. To refute this excuse I will provide a simple analogy.

“James and Peter are swimming. James is teaching Peter how to swim in the pool.”(courtesy of Gomerozdubar)

Does the above mentioning of teaching negate the fact that James is swimming? No, it does not.

The fact of the matter is that the verse clearly says that God is not a man and Jesus is a man and that means Jesus is not God. It also says God is not the son of man and Jesus was the son of man is repeated 82 times in the gospels which means that Jesus is no God. It’s a very simple excercise and I truly believe any reasonable person will concede. The three rebuttals have been refuted and Numbers 23:19 stands as good proof for our case. Let us now proceed to the next verse.

First of all, let us recall what I said in the counter rebuttal just now.

“It is because the nature of man contains the facility to lie and to repent that God is not a man! That is what the verse means. As the saying goes ‘to err is human’. It is because God does not err that he is not human/man and it is because he is not man/human that he does not err!”

Numbers 23:19 has it that, “God is not a man, for he does not lie nor the son of man for he does not repent…”. Our second verse has it the other way around as if trying to reiterate what was previously said in Numbers. That verse is found in 1 Samuel 15:29 which reads,

“And also the Glory of Israel will not lie nor repent; for He is not a man(lo adam), that He should repent.'”

The above seems to agree with the third rebuttal that what is being focused on is the human condition of lying and repenting. As I also stated and let us reiterate one more time that God is not a man because He does not lie nor repent and he does not lie nor repent because He is not man. In both instances the negation made is between the referent God and the referent man i.e. they are not the same. God is not a man(lo ish and lo adam).

The third verse is even more clear and the excuse given by rebuttal three can’t even be used because it says,

“I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim; for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee; and I will not come in fury.” (Hosea 11:9)

Yes, the context is about Ephraim, but just because it’s about Ephraim does not mean that the highlighted section is rendered moot. Genesis 17:1 says that God revealed Himself to Abram and made the statement, “I am the God Almighty”. The context of Genesis 17 is the covenant and the sign of the covenant. That context does not negate the fact that God explicitly stated that He is God Almighty. Likewise, in all three verses whatver the context may be the important thing is that they all agree on one thing and that is GOD IS NOT A MAN.

Let us conclude this discussion with a comparison between the actual Trinity and the “trinity of negation for the Trinity”.

Trinity : The Father + The Son + The Holy Spirit = One God because they are in agreement and share the same nature

Trinity of negation for the Trinity :  Numbers 23:19(lo ish) + 1 Samuel 15:29(lo adam) + Hosea 11:9(lo ish) = Jesus is not God for they are in agreement that God is not a man and the nature of the verses are the same in that they negate that God is a man.

Trinity – Trinity of negation = No Trinity

Notes:

* John 3:16 says that “For God so loved the world that he gave His only son”. Christians take this to mean that Jesus was sent to die for humanity. The Son of God according to the Trinitarians convey Jesus’ divinity which contrasts the terminology “Son of Man” which conveys Jesus’ humanity. John 3:16 says that God gave His only son(Son of God) which is Jesus. If this refers to the crucifixion as the Christians would have it then the person who was crucified was indeed God because he is the “only son” which equals God whose purpose was to die for our sins.  This debunks the excuse in rebuttal 2 as postulated by persons like VenomFangX because the idea is clearly that the one crucified was the Son who is God. This then strengthens our position that the Christian ideology contradicts the essence of Numbers 23:19, 1 Samuel 15:29 and Hosea 11:9.

Reference:

G. Thiessen & A. Merz. The Historical Jesus: A Comparative Guide(1999). London: SCM Press. p. 550

Follow-up article:

Response to Dr. James White

Incoming search terms:

  • god is not a man
  • jesus was a man not god
  • yhs-fh_lsonsw
  • jesus is a man not god
  • jesus is not God
  • ibn anwar on jesus is not god
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

55 Responses to “God is not a man = Jesus is not God”

  1. ibnsaad says:

    IMO the Golden Gem of this article is what I have pasted below.
    After this, if the christian is still arguing than I say to him, “Good luck with that!” Brother Ibn Good work, but I think you entertain their silly arguments too much.

    The key part in the verse is, “לא איש אל ויכזב ובן־אדם ויתנחם” or “lo ish el bikhazab uben adam beyit nekham“. The negation occurs at the beginning of the sentence with the word “לא” or lo which is similar with the Arabic negation la. What this literally means is “It is not true that God is a man and will lie and the son of man and He will change His mind”. The negation is distributed to each phrase which then yields, “God is not a man and He does not lie, He is not the son of man and He does not repent.”

  2. Bfoali says:

    As-Sallamu-Alaykom
    Brother Ibn Anwar this truly is a fantastic article, not only is the content within the article great, but many times the arguments that we learn from many of the Islamic websites leave us blank for possible responses we may receive. So this article not only prepares us with an argument to use against others, but also prepares us for the possible responses that they may have.
    All in all fantastic article and I honestly do hope that you continue with this method of rebuttals to possible responses.
    Ali.H –wwwshiacrecent.com –

  3. Laurence B. Brown says:

    Those who knew him acknowledged, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee” (Matthew 21:11), and “A great prophet has risen up among us …” (Luke 7:16). The disciples recognized Jesus as “a prophet mighty in deed …” (Luke 24:19. Also see Matthew 14:5, 21:46, and John 6:14). If these statements were inaccurate, why didn’t Jesus correct them? Why didn’t he define his divinity if, that is, he truly was divine? When the woman at the well stated, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet’” (John 4:19), why didn’t he thank her for her lowly impression, but explain there was more to his essence than prophethood?

    Or was there?

    Jesus Christ, a mere man? Could it be? A good part of the religiously introspective world wonders, “Why not?” Acts 2:22 records Jesus as “Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves also know.” Jesus himself is recorded as having said, “But now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God …” (John 8:40). Strikingly, a similar quote is found in the Holy Qur’an:

    “He [Jesus] said: ‘I am indeed a servant of Allah: He has given me Revelation and made me a prophet’” (Quran 19:30)

    Read the complete article at:

    http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/560/

  4. Tridax says:

    Assalamulaikum

    The premise that God cannot lie or repent hence he is not a man is false since according to the bible God has repented several times.

    e.g
    “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” Genesis 6:6 KJV

    This is in contradiction of numbers 23.19. So according to the bible it only proves God is a man and Man can be God whatever that implies. 🙂

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      You’re right..there is a contradiction because the word used is the same i.e. ‘nacham’ which means repent(change the mind)

  5. Servetus the Evangelical says:

    Anyone interested in the debate about whether Jesus is God should get my new, 600-page book, The Restitution of Jesus. It may be the most formidable, well-researched, biblically in-depth book to ever challenge the institutional church dogma that Jesus is God while affirming all other majore church teachings about Jesus. For now, this book can be purchased only at my website at servetustheevangelical.com. Read the tract there, which summarizes the book. Or read any of fifty, two-page articles that are condensations of portions of the book. Titles include, “Is Jesus God in John 1.1c?;” “Is the Incarnation True?;” “Is Jesus God Because He Is the Son of God?;” “Did Thomas Call Jesus ‘My God’ in John 20.28?”

  6. noname says:

    Allahu akbar!

  7. Littlelamb says:

    When you said that James teaching Peter how to swim infers his swimming; after five years of swimming myself, my experience has been otherwise. When I was learning how to swim the coach taught me first in the shallow part of the water (without swimming), he did not swim but instead revealed to me the motions of swimming in the air. It was up to me to face the water and I did so, cautious at first and then more confident for my coach was always out of the water watching over me, making sure I did not drown. He never swam beside me but always watched over my every stroke, correcting me when I did wrong. This is what I believe Jesus Christ was doing in this passage He was coaching the disciples on how to pray but He was above “the water”, above sin. Also when You claimed that Jesus was Man and therefore not God, you must not have considered the passage where the great Prophet said, “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The Son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him “Lord,” saying: “The Lord said to my Lord, ‘Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool'” ? If David then calls Him “Lord,” how is He his Son'” (Matthew 22:42-45). These are the words of the Lord Jesus Christ to the Pharisees when they were attempting to “entangle Him in His talk” (Matthew 22:15).

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      Thank you for your comment Littlelamb. I certainly do appreciate it. I am sorry however that I cannot agree with most of the things you have mentioned. Your analogy is a false comparison, my friend. Why? Because in the case of Jesus teaching the disciples how to pray he himself was doing it as they did. The swimming lesson that you took has the instructor not doing what you’re doing i.e. being in the water and swimming. The analogy that I gave is in accordance with the information we find in the Gospels. We see Jesus praying himself in John 17 and also in Matthew at the garden of Gethsemene. The passage you have quoted from Matthew by no means debunk any of the arguments I have presented in the article. It was not simply “my claim” that Jesus is a man and therefore he cannot be god. Rather, I have shown from the scriptures e.g. Acts 2:22 and Numbers 23:19 that because he is a man he cannot be god. Is Jesus the true seed of the Davidic line? Jesus’ lineage is traced in two gospels via Joseph. Was Jesus actually from Joseph? No, he was not. Joseph had no part in Jesus’ conception. How then can he be the “seed” of David?

  8. David says:

    allah? ha No Jesus is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings… He rules this world… this universe.. the only one TRUE GOD!!! His name is JESUS!!!

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      Yes, Allah is GOD. This can be seen in the Bible as I have shown in my article here http://unveiling-christianity......-moon-god/. Jesus is not God as the article above shows.

    • Islam says:

      David, have you seen the passion of the Christ movie? This movie was made based on your own Bible. The language which it was made in was Aramaic, the mother tongue of Jesus. Jesus said the following in Aramaic:

      “Al teeth khalone, hee fe Manahma, bi hoda kashta bi ALLAH.”

      Aramaic and Arabaic are sister languages, meaning langauges which share many cognates and similarities. This is because both languages are semitic languages. Christian scholars admit that “Allah” means “God,” and was used by both Jesus & Muhammad. Now, since Jesus spoke Aramaic, naturally he called God by “Alah.” A variation is “Elahh.” The proper name of “God” is “Alah,” or in Aramaic, the other variation is “Elahh,” which was used by the prophets of God. The term “Allah” has 2 parts: “Al” which means “The,” and “Elah” which means “God” which if you put together means: “The God,” which indicates that there is ONLY 1 God.

      Therefore, Jesus’ God is Allah, the same God who he worshipped. So, if you deny Allah, you are denying Jesus’ God, which is based on your own Bible. If you followed Jesus by calling God “Allah,” you would would be coming closer to Islam, which is what Jesus preached. Your “fairytale” concept of Jesus doesn’t exist in reality, because your own Bible proves Jesus is not God, as he HAD a God.

  9. idris says:

    “Allah? ha No jesus is the lord of lords and ling of kings… he rules this world… this universe.. the only one tRUE gOD!!! His name is jESUS!!!”

    god could not forgive humans beings so in his silly plan he allows his chosen ones to hand him over to pagan authourities, then these authourities abuse and mishandle god. who was seen as ruling over who when this alledged passion narrative occured?

  10. idris says:

    “Aramaic and Arabaic are sister languages, meaning langauges which share many cognates and similarities. This is because both languages are semitic languages. Christian scholars admit that “Allah” means “God,” and was used by both Jesus & Muhammad. Now, since Jesus spoke Aramaic, naturally he called God by “Alah.” A variation is “Elahh.” The proper name of “God” is “Alah,” or in Aramaic, the other variation is “Elahh,” which was used by the prophets of God. The term “Allah” has 2 parts: “Al” which means “The,” and “Elah” which means “God” which if you put together means: “The God,” which indicates that there is ONLY 1 God.

    Therefore, Jesus’ God is Allah, the same God who he worshipped. So, if you deny Allah, you are denying Jesus’ God, which is based on your own Bible. If you followed Jesus by calling God “Allah,” you would would be coming closer to Islam, which is what Jesus preached. Your “fairytale” concept of Jesus doesn’t exist in reality, because your own Bible proves Jesus is not God, as he HAD a God.”

    how do the jews in their translations of hebrew bible in to arabic RENDER “ELOHIM” ? They render it as “ALLAH”

    Name me one orthodox jewish translation which renders “elohim” as “yeshu” .

  11. Elias says:

    Esselamu Aleykum

    TY, i have been searching for this and with ALLAHS will i found it.

    Esselamu Aleykum brothers and sisters.

  12. lee says:

    When he said “who do you say I am?” he would have been more straightforward to have said “I am the messiah, the christ, god in a human form. Do you believe that?”.

    When I go to professional meetings, I introduce myself using my name and what role I have in the organization, and what role I will play in the process.

    I don’t go to meetings and say, “Hi there, my name is Lee, what role do you think I play in this organization?……Oh, good guess. Now, don’t tell anyone.”

  13. usman says:

    christians say the law has been abrogated because it brings about HYPOCRISY. The law is not done to impress God,but man.
    Okay, when jesus says “love your enemy” how are you suppose to love someone who you strongly dislike? the only alternative is acting like u love him, but God sees your heart, the person who u pretend to love cannot see your heart.

    people say , “shall i make you tea” their intention is , “i wish he/she says no” so you see making tea for the ppl does not come from the heart.

  14. Totaw Gonzalez says:

    If you can give a verse in the Christian Bible that literally says Jesus is not a God without your interpretation and opinion, just exactly as written in the Christian Bible, Then only I will consider your point seriously and study it. Unless, word for word you can show me that it says Jesus is not God, then you are just giving your own opinion and I can give mine. I will respect your opinion but in the light of the Scriptures ones opinion is not required. LET THE SCRIPTURES SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

    Look how they call the different names of Allah

    El Haq- The truth- John 14:6
    Al Baetti- The ressurection- John 11:25-26
    AL Awal-The first-Rev. 1:7-8
    Al Akher-The last-Rev 22:13-16
    Al Malek- King of Kings-Rev. 17:4
    Al Hadi- The guide- Jn. 10:9
    Al Nur- The light- Jn. 8:12

    Even some of the names of Allah that the Islam faith calls refers to the Lord Jesus Christ which He himself claims in the Christian Bible.

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      Okay. Let the scriptures speak and let us not for a moment give any interpretation and opinion to them. You said, “If you can give a verse in the Christian Bible that literally says Jesus is not a God…Then only I will consider your point seriously and study it.” In the article I cited three clear verses which says GOD IS NOT THE SON OF MAN. Jesus IS THE SON OF MAN as mentioned in the New Testament more than 80 times. Hence GOD IS NOT JESUS. GOD IS NOT THE SON OF MAN + JESUS IS THE SON OF MAN = JESUS IS NOT GOD = GOD IS NOT JESUS. Simple enough for you?
      Now, let’s have a look at those attributes that you claim are uniquely divine that are ascribed to Jesus which makes him god. You say that Jesus is God because he is King of Kings according to revelation 17:4. Okay. In Ezekiel we have the following verse:
      Ezekiel 26:7 For thus saith the Master YHWH; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon,king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.
      So according to your logic King Nebuchadnezzar is God.
      Jesus according to you is God because he is described as “the guide” in John 10:9. Nowhere in John 10:9 is Jesus described with the phrase “the guide”. The verse reads, “I am the door. By me, if any man enter in, he shall be saved: and he shall go in, and go out, and shall find pastures.”. Notice that it says that he is the door and not the room that is the final goal. I have no problem accepting Jesus as the door or pathway to God. That’s fine and perfectly acceptable.
      Jesus is God because he is described as “the light” in John 8:12? Proverbs 4:18 has this to say, “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” So Jesus is the light i.e. the path upon which one threads to reach the perfect day which itself is not the shining light. The shining light points to the perfect day which is the final and true destination. Isaiah 45:7 says, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” So that must mean that Jesus was formed by God hence disqualifying him as THE God. In Genesis it speaks of God creating the light, “let there be light…he separated the light from the darkness.” This is a silly way of arguing, but I am using it to show the silliness espoused by Totaw Gonzalez in trying to deify Jesus.
      You said: Al Baetti- The ressurection- John 11:25-26
      My reply: Are you on weed? What in the world is al-baetti?? You can’t even copy and paste correctly! haha…this is from a Christian website easywaytoheaven:
      “Another name for God of Islam is AL-BAETH. The Resurrection. Did Jesus say in the Gospel, “I am the Resurrection?” Yes. In the Gospel of John 11;25-26 Jesus says, “I am the Resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and who-ever lives and believes in Me will never die.” When Muslims God ‘Allah’ is called ‘AL-BEATH’ which means resurrection, then it is clearly proven to all of us that Jesus Himself is Allah as Jesus says, “I am the Resurrection.” In Arabic “ I am the ‘AL-BEATH.’ There are not a single Muslim in this Earth can deny that. If any Muslim denies this truth then he/she denies/reject ‘Allah’ as well because they deny the 99 names of Allah.”
      In fact, the same website gives the exact same attributes that you have mentioned and declare that jesus must be Allah since he shares those attributes. The author of the above quotation is an idiot, and you are more idiotic to have followed him into the gutter. There is no such attribute as “al-beath” in the 99 names of Allah. Stop making a fool of yourselves dear Christians. It is really pathetic. The name is AL-BA’ITH which means THE ONE WHO RESURRECTS/THE RESURRECTOR. It does not mean “the resurrection” which is the term given to Jesus in the passage that you cited. Read its context. John 11 is about Jesus bringing back Lazarus from the dead. But if you actually read the passage carefully you will see that it was not really Jesus who did it. It was God! Jesus prayed to Him and it was answered. The key verses identifying the actual miracle worker are 40-42, “Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” If Jesus is “the resurrection” because he brought Lazarus back to life, then those in the Old Testament such as Elisha should be God too. In fact, as I indicated in a previous comment under another article Elisha’s bones gave life to a dead man according to 2 Kings 13:21.
      You say that Jesus is God because he is the first and the last? Well, in that case you should start worshipping Melchizedek. He is described as, “Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.”(Hebrews 7:3)
      He is without father or mother. Jesus at least had a mother. He is without any genealogy. Jesus is given two genealogies in matthew and Luke. He is without beginning of days or end of life. Matthew 1 describes Jesus as having a GENESIS which means “a beginning” in Mary’s womb and according to your belief he had an end on the cross. Who deserves worship more? Jesus or Melchizedek? The last part of the verse says that Melchizedek is “like the Son of God”. If the Son of God is Jesus and he is God, then being like him would make you in some way divine, yes? So how many gods do you have now Totaw Gonzalez? And they cringe and cry when Muslims call them polytheists.

  15. Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

    Ibn Anwar said, ” God is not a man = Jesus is not God ”

    My response: The above logic is too simplistic and it does not apply to spiritual entity. Secondly, it has completely ignored the incarnation claims.

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      I have not ignored the “incarnation claims”. I have addressed them in the above article and in the refutation against James White(the link is at the end of the article).

  16. mrkillers says:

    Ibn Anwar said, ” God is not a man = Jesus is not God ”

    My response: The above logic is too simplistic and it does not apply to spiritual entity. Secondly, it has completely ignored the incarnation claims.”

    mrk
    crosstian , don’t get me angry. when moses destroyed the idols, did the idolatres say, ” moses you detroyted the clay , but not the spirit which dwell in the idol”

    • Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

      Oh no! You still missed it!! Idols are physical entities, while God is a spiritual entity. They have different properties.

  17. mrk says:

    Nur el Masih Ben Haq

    you mean DA3EEF BAATIL

  18. Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

    THE TRINITY

    The term ‘Trinity’ is not of Biblical origin but the concept is. Thus, as any Biblically foreign word, it is not necessary to employ it in particular in whatever situation. However, the word ‘Trinity’ is relevantly expressive, thus it was employed as a term by some Bible interpreters just because it was the best word that simply expressed the ONENESS of the Almighty God, His soul in a born human body, and His soul when , or as, not inside a body. Thus:

    1. God-the-FATHER, means the ALMIGHTY God.
    (Deut.32:6; Mt.5:48,6:9-14; 1Cor.8:4-6)

    2.God-the-SON, means the SOUL-of-the-Almighty-God inside His (GOD’S) WORD, which was physically born as a human body. (Col. 1:15, 19; John 1:1, 14-18, 17:5; Phil. 2:5-7; Mt. 1:18; Isa. 9:6; John 14:10; Pls. 82:6)

    3. God-the-HOLY-SPIRIT, means just SOUL-of-the-Almighty-God, i.e. when, or as, not inside any bodily form. (John 4:24; MK. 3:28-29; Job 33:4; Gen.. 1:2; Pls. 139:7-12; Hab 3:3; 2Cor. 3:17-18). .

    TRINITY IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVABLE

    Science also implies the actuality of trinity; some matters can exist in many physically different capacities and chemically remain their exact selves nevertheless. See ALLOTROPY: Allotropy is the EXISTENCE OF AN ELEMENT IN MANY PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT CAPACITIES AND CHEMICALLY REMAINS ITS EXACT SELF, just as Trinity is the EXISTENCE OF THE GOD IN THREE PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT CAPACITIES BUT SPIRITUALLY REMAINS HIS EXACT SELF. Of course if matter can exhibit such a rare capacity as allotropy how much more of the creator himself? Hence the exceptional “allotropy”, the Trinity.

  19. mrk says:

    you know this knew fristian on the block doesn’t use his same apologetics to prove that idolatres at the time of moses had a point. did the nur bin bullshit not know that the hebrew words not ONLY HAVE to cover that which is made from rock, but can also cover women gods and men gods?

    nur bin bullsh it , if your god can pass through a fillopean tube and then finally leave vagina , surely the idol worships can argue that gods spirit can dwell in a idol which is not air tight?

    • Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

      Mrk, you said,

      ” the father god has spirit soul and son soul
      these souls are 100 percent god?”

      My response: That doesn’t make sense and that is NOT what I said. I said:

      1. God-the-FATHER, means the ALMIGHTY God.

      2. God-the-SON, means the SOUL-of-the-Almighty-God inside His (GOD’S) WORD, which was physically born as a human body.

      3. God-the-HOLY-SPIRIT, means just SOUL-of-the-Almighty-God, i.e. when, or as, not inside any bodily form. (John 4:24; MK. 3:28

      So, it is the same soul but in different conditions.

      • mrk says:

        what kind of a deception are you playing here? what do you mean same soul? are you telling me that the three triplets are all dependant upon that 1 soul (what binds them together, pixy dust? is pixy dust/binder the main god?) or 3 parts/parts of triplets make the WHOLE sole?

      • mrk says:

        there is

        father
        son
        ghost

        there is 1 soul

        the person of father is not son
        the person of son is not father
        the person of ghost is not son
        the person of son is not ghost
        the person of father is not ghost
        the person of ghost is not father

        you have how many persons in trinity?
        the ghost is god

        the god is not the ONLY true god
        this all might seem gibberish but i am making your god for you like you made your god for yourself.

        don’t worry gibberish will be explained

  20. mrk says:

    i don’t understand your stupid gibberish but lets continue

    the father god has spirit soul and son soul
    these souls are 100 percent god?

    so
    son soul = 100 percent god and 100 percent soul
    spirit soul = 100 percent god and 100 percent soul

  21. Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

    Of course God does NOT change. Even in Trinity God does NOT change. He remains spiritually the same.

    Allotropy is the EXISTENCE OF AN ELEMENT IN MANY PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT CAPACITIES AND CHEMICALLY REMAINS ITS EXACT SELF.

    You said, “Can carbon be diamond and graphite at the SAME TIME?”

    My response: For carbon to be diamond and grahite at the SAME TIME, it has to assume SPIRITUALITY.

    Being at many place at the same time or being a different entity AT THE SAME TIME is a spiritual property.

    Allotropy operate subject to the law governing physical entities; Trinity operates subject to the capacity of spiritual entities.

    That is why I conclude “Hence the exceptional “allotropy”, the Trinity.”

    SPIRITUALITY IS SUPERIOR TO CHEMISTRY

    • Abu Ismail Jaafar says:

      Nur el Masih Ben Haq: For carbon to be diamond and grahite at the SAME TIME, it has to assume SPIRITUALITY.

      SPIRITUALITY IS SUPERIOR TO CHEMISTRY

      My reply: This is hardly proving the trinity ‘scientifically’ at all. Responding that spirituality is superior to chemistry is admitting that the trinity is not to be proven ‘scientifically’. Ignoring that carbon cannot be diamond and graphite at the same time is ignoring the flaw in your statement that the TRINITY IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVABLE. The example you gave regarding allotropy is a poor one.

      Nur el Masih Ben Haq: Being at many place at the same time or being a different entity AT THE SAME TIME is a spiritual property.

      My reply: Being a different entity is change, whether from a spiritual, scientific, or logical sense. If it is not, the entity would still be the same. Example: if the entity was not flesh before, but became flesh, or was made flesh, or took on the attributes of flesh, then change occurred.

    • mrk says:

      congratulations you are close to becoming a pagan. there is nothing in existence except god because gods spirit lives in all. so my cat must be a god because spirituallity is superior than flesh. why don’t you just embrace hinduism? surely there hindu gods were making love/loving each other before the trinity came in to existence? surely the hindus can argue that thier gods are all the same essense?

      • Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

        MRK YOU BETTER EXPAND YOUR CAPACITY TO THINK BEYOND ISLAMIC LIMIT
        God is not a mundane entity but the highest spiritual one. Before the time and space came into being, God was already there. It follows that to evaluate the existence of God in terms of time, space and therefore ordinary effect is to think simplistically. God does not exist physically in those things but spiritually. And his form of existence in whatever object is not determine by any parameter and varies as he wishes. I have posted a richer material for the benefit of both you and Ibn Anwar. Pls read it with clear mind.

  22. Melissa Freudenthal says:

    here is some interesting findings about Mithra, but before I post, three things:

    1st BAAL worship is rampant in christianity, BAAL also had a son, worshipped as the Man-god.

    2nd, it the text not clear when it says the “likened him unto a man, but GOD is clearly NOT ONE”.

    3rd Hebrews 5:8 states that though YESHUA was a son, he had to LEARN obedience by the things he suffered.
    WAKE UP those of you still asleep in Adam…
    We are called to return back to the garden and obey his commands!

    Here is some stuff on Mithra. What we have going on in Babylon and scripture is a mixture of babel… if that text was full of truth, why is every home allowed to have one?

    Mithra has the following in common with the Jesus character:

    Mithra was born on December 25th of the virgin Anahita.
    The babe was wrapped in swaddling clothes, placed in a manger and attended by shepherds.
    He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
    He had 12 companions or “disciples.”
    He performed miracles.
    As the “great bull of the Sun,” Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.
    He ascended to heaven.
    Mithra was viewed as the Good Shepherd, the “Way, the Truth and the Light,” the Redeemer, the Savior, the Messiah.
    Mithra is omniscient, as he “hears all, sees all, knows all: none can deceive him.”
    He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.
    His sacred day was Sunday, “the Lord’s Day,” hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
    His religion had a eucharist or “Lord’s Supper.”
    Mithra “sets his marks on the foreheads of his soldiers.”
    Mithraism emphasized baptism

  23. Ibn Anwar says:

    Nur el-Masih ben Haq
    MRK YOU BETTER EXPAND YOUR CAPACITY TO THINK BEYOND ISLAMIC LIMIT
    God is not a mundane entity but the highest spiritual one. Before the time and space came into being, God was already there. It follows that to evaluate the existence of God in terms of time, space and therefore ordinary effect is to think simplistically. God does not exist physically in those things but spiritually. And his form of existence in whatever object is not determine by any parameter and varies as he wishes. I have posted a richer material for the benefit of both you and Ibn Anwar. Pls read it with clear mind.

    My reply:
    Explain to me according to the Christian understanding what does it mean to say that God does not exist physically, but spiritually everywhere?And you said that his form of existence in whatever object is not determined by any parameter and varies as he wishes. What the hell does that mean? If He does not exist in cow dung spiritually, that means HE IS NOT everywhere. If at any point in time He does not exist in your stinking and disgraceful and unwashed anus that means HE IS NOT everywhere. If at any point in time He is not spiritually in the toilet bowl when you pass motion then HE IS NOT everywhere. No amount of verbal gymnastics can help you in your insurmountable plight Nur el-dajjal ben kadhhdhab.

  24. peacecrusader says:

    20110731.2040

    What can you say about this verse from Isaiah?
    Isaiah 9:6 – “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

    Who is this male child given to us? Who is this “The Mighty God”? Who is this “The everlasting Father”? Who is this “The Prince of Peace”?

    The next verse says that He comes from the line of David. Verse 7 states, “Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”

    • Ibn Anwar says:

      I have in fact written an article on Isaiah 9:6. You may read it here http://unveiling-christianity......isaiah-96/

    • mrk says:

      your god got his a ss handed to him by pagan romans, the jews, according to your nt, witnessed your god getting his ass handed to him by the pagan romans. NOW HOW DOES “MIGHTY GOD” fit your god? how does “he shall be called…” mean he is not only called x,y , z but he also does x, y z? only your religion likes to connect the dots, only your religion. that jesus teachings DON’T EVEN come in the top 10 rank in any jewish writings, that jews don’t even rebut jesus’ DEPARTURE from mainstream jewish teachings goes to show that jesus was an unknown.once the jews killed off jesus , they really thought that “the goverment shall be on his shoulders”
      actions SPEAK LOUDER THAN NAMES/WORDS!

      • mrk says:

        , they really thought that “the goverment shall be on his shoulders” FIT jesus? a crucified failure aint fit for having goverment on his soldiers especially one who has coward deciples who run away like chickens.
        actions SPEAK LOUDER THAN NAMES/WORDS!

      • Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

        You say:
        “they really thought that “the goverment shall be on his shoulders” FIT jesus? a crucified failure aint fit for having goverment on his soldiers especially one who has coward deciples who run away like chickens.
        actions SPEAK LOUDER THAN NAMES/WORDS!”

        I say:
        The government is really on Jesus’ shoulders. YOU CAN’T BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE STRONGEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WITHOUT AT LEAST CLAIMING TO BE A CHRISTIAN. You can’t command the H/Qrts of the world (Washington) without at least disgusing as a Christian. The most sophisticated army are of Christian countries. Of all the faiths of this world, Christianity produced the greatest number of scientists. Need I continue?

  25. mrk says:

    do you want to understand how verbal juglary can also destroy trinity?

    http://groups.google.com/group.....mode=print

    this kristian used to be trinitarian, but he realised that trinity only exists because people PLAY WITH WORDS

    http://www.angelfire.com/space.....farce.html

    the trinity is fairytale idea which is DEPENDANT on rape of innocent words.

    look

    adam = human

    Eve = adam

    adam = Eve

    but Adam is not Eve

    in trinity you have 3 persons and this they call is the complete package for trinitarian god

    but when asked, is jayzuz THE trinitarian god, watch how these noobs struggle.

    is the I

    THE ME

    THE HE

    come on, when god uses the 1st person singular , you telling me that he is telling us that his 1st person singular is consisting of 3 being , all with divine nature ALL DIVINE NATURE INDEPENDANT of THE OTHER…just click on the damn links

    lol they have 3 equals in the trinity

    how is it not polythiestic lads?

  26. Melissa Freudenthal says:

    Answer me this:
    In Revelation 22:9 and 19:10 John falls down to worship Yeshua and Yeshua’s says “DO NOT DO IT< WORSHIP GOD".

    Daniel 9 states its Michael that stands up, now can you explain this to me with your christian belief? too much confusion in the text, that is what Rome did, create confusion so you would believe a lie, the GREAT deception………….
    Did he exist yes, however the romans have created a perversion of the truth in order to keep you in ROME, which is where you truly are.

  27. peacecrusader says:

    20110801.2035

    @Idn Anwar

    We know that Jesus Christ was born by the Blessed Virgin Mary, a human being. That is why Jesus is called the “Son of man”. And His father is God that is why He is called the “Son of God”. Do you really believe that Jesus Christ is just a man and not God?

    Who was speaking at Revelation? Who was asked to write what he was seeing? Why is the name of Jesus in Revelation?

    The description of God is in Revelation 2:1, 8, 12, 18; 3:1, 7,13. Who is the “Son of God” referred to in Revelation 2:18? Who is “which was dead, and is alive” in Revelation 2:8?

  28. mrk says:

    ace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”

    WHERE DOES THIS VERSE SAY THAT the DECENDANT guy is eTERNAL being?WHERE DOES THE TEXT SAY THAT ONE OF THE DECENDANTS IS GOING TO LIVE FOREVER?

  29. Ibn Anwar says:

    ” Nur el-Masih Ben Haq said: “The most sophisticated army are of Christian countries. Of all the faiths of this world, Christianity produced the greatest number of scientists. Need I continue?”

    And earlier he was trying to deny that Christianity has influenced the hearts of its followers to shed blood lol. Yes, Christians have the best military armaments around. Christians are the first to use the atomic bomb on 300 000 civilians. Congratulations ;). Has Christianity produced the greatest number of scientists? No, it has not. When Christianity ruled Europe directly the whole continent was in the Dark Ages. Most of the scientists that came during the enlightenment era were not conservative or traditional Christians. Isaac Newton for example would be regarded as a heretic and destined to hell like everyone else by Trinitarians since he was a staunch unitarian and opposed Jesus’ alleged divinity which Nur el-Masih champions. Many scientists in the west today are extremely non-religious(nominal) and either atheist or agnostic. Noted atheists came from Christianity such as Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennet, Stephen Hawking etc. They were all raised in Christian households and all of them got out of Christianity lol. Congratulations ;).

  30. mrk says:

    do you see the problem here? when christians thought that the goverment was gonna be on jesus’ shoulders, the jews ,accoridng to the new testament DISPROVED this by GOVERING thier god in flesh. how did they GOVERN nur’s silly god in flesh? they ,according to nt, told pagans to help out. so not only did the jews GOVERN jesus, the pagans ALSO GOVERNED jesus’ flesh LOL. they beat him up, and nailed his meat to wood stick. later on, post ressurected jesus DARE NOT TO show his FACE LOL. who knows , if he did/or his ghost did, he would have been nailed for a 2nd time?
    do you see the game s people? krist failed so EUROPEAN WHITE pagans think they are governing IN his FAILED name? let me remind you, jesus was a JEW and he had SEMETIC followers. WHAT DID DEEN OF ISLAM do to middle EASTERN kristianity? IT BOWLED OVER IT and ISLAM WAS THE NEW GOVERMENT . THE ISLAM CONVINCED ARAMAIC SPEAKERS, SYRIAC SPEAKERS that MUHAMMAD IS RASUL AND THAT THE ANCIENTS DID PROPHECY about him.
    but one more thing
    when a text says the GOV is gonna be upon his shoulders , you guys know that your god did not rule but he was GOVERNED by human beings.

    funny isn’t it

    any thing jesus WAS UNABLE to do , christians thought it was really talking about thier govering? LOL . IDIOTS.

  31. Benjamin says:

    Jesus is not God! The true worshippers worship the Father said Jesus read ( John 4:23 ) the only true God is the Father said Jesus read ( John 17:3 ) It’s the truth from Jesus mouth!!

    • Nur el Masih Ben Haq says:

      DIVINITY OF CHRIST: THE WRONG LOGIC OF MUSLIMS

      ((WHY IT WAS WRONG & SENSELESS FOR JESUS TO HAVE DIRECTLY SAID, “I AM GOD” & “WORSHIP ME.”))

      The primary purpose of incarnation is to sort of conceal divinity; to be able to be perceived by the new community (the category to be infiltrated) as one of them so that the interactive mission can be natural and optimal.
      So, naturally after his intentional incarnation, it is intelligently expected that Jesus should de-emphasize his actual nature (otherwise the objective of the purposeful incarnation would be defeated).
      So, a really intelligent person should be suspicious of any direct claim of divinity attributed to the incarnated Jesus.
      Scholastically, the way Jesus is seen in the Gospel to have de-emphasized any direct claim to divinity is very natural and indicative of a true instance of the expected post-incarnation behavior of a voluntarily and purposely incarnated divine entity.
      If the divinity of Jesus was a fraud, the fabricators of the concept would naturally have fabricated several direct claims to divinity and attributed them to him. But just like the ways the angels who, according to the Quran and the Bible assumed human looks during some missions did not directly “expose” their actual nature expectedly, Jesus did not directly “expose” his being God. But like these angels, the real nature of Jesus was implied by several signs and indirect but clear declarations of both Jesus himself and the apostles.
      Muslims often cite John 5:30-31; Mark 13:32-33 and John 14:28 etc as disproof of Christ’s divinity. But, logically, these verses, rather than disprove Jesus’ divinity, express the anticipated and expected demonstrations of the character that was Jesus-in-exemplary-typical-human-nature and, therefore , in accordance with God’s program as stated in the Qur’an 6:9, “Had We appointed an ANGEL our messenger, We ASSUREDLY had made him LIKE A MAN SO THAT HE MIGHT SPEAK TO (associate with) MEN….”

      (1) Phil. 2:6, “Who (Jesus) being in very nature God, did NOT consider equality with God something to grasp, 7 But made himself NOTHING, taking the very nature of a SERVANT, being made in human likeness 8, and found in appearance as a MAN, he HUMBLED himself and became OBEDIENT to the death, even death in the cross”

      (2) Heb. 2:16, “For surely it is NOT ANGELS that he (Jesus) helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 FOR THIS REASON HE (GOD) HAD TO MAKE HIM (JESUS) LIKE HIS BROTHERS IN EVERY WAY in order that……” (Compare Qur’an 6:9)

      (3) Rom. 8:3, “(Jesus)….in the LIKENESS OF A SINFUL MAN……….”
      So, in the light of these verses, it should be clear that Jesus’ humanized acts did not mean that he was actually a human being (John 8:23) but were the divinely designs that were to make Jesus not unnecessarily scare the humans but, rather be their SOURCE OF INSPIRATIONS.

      DIVINITY OF JESUS PROPHESIED LONG BEFORE BIRTH (ISAIAH 9:6-7)

      ISAIAH 9:6-7
      6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.”

      JESUS INDIRECTLY CONFIRMED HIS DIVINITY

      John 14:8-9
      8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

      John 10:30
      “ I and the Father are one.”

      John 8:58
      58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
      Revelation 1:8
      8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

      • Ibn Anwar says:

        el Masih wrote:
        (1) Phil. 2:6, “Who (Jesus) being in very nature God, did NOT consider equality with God something to grasp, 7 But made himself NOTHING, taking the very nature of a SERVANT, being made in human likeness 8, and found in appearance as a MAN, he HUMBLED himself and became OBEDIENT to the death, even death in the cross”

        My reply:
        The word ‘nature’ in the above translation of Philippians 2:6 is from the Greek word “morphe”. The word does not actually mean “nature”. There are other words for nature in Greek such as “ideoteta” and “ousia”. A better translation would be “in the form of God” as Bullinger and others note that “morphe” means “form”(People’s New Testament notes that the word is difficult to translate). Does it prove that Jesus is God though? Let’s read the following Christian commentary:
        “Lit., “being in the form(morphe) of God.” Morphe denotes the mode of being or appearance from which the essential character or status of something can be known. What is said here of Christ is that he enjoyed a Godlike way of being. En morphe theou recalls the description of human dignity in the creation account of Gen 1:26-27 (cf. 2:15), but the LXX wording , kat eikona theou, is different. being like God: The Gk wording (adv. isa rather than ison) indicates, again, likeness to God rather than strict equality. In the Jewish tradition, being like God meant immunity to death (Wis 2:23).” (Byrne, B. (1990). The Letter to the Philippians. In In Raymond E. Brown, Joseph A. Fitzmyer & Roland E. Murphy (Eds.), The New Jerome Biblical Commentary. New Jersey: Prentice Hall. pp. 794)

        el Masih wrote:
        (2) Heb. 2:16, “For surely it is NOT ANGELS that he (Jesus) helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 FOR THIS REASON HE (GOD) HAD TO MAKE HIM (JESUS) LIKE HIS BROTHERS IN EVERY WAY in order that……” (Compare Qur’an 6:9)

        My reply:
        Yes, we believe that Jesus was made like his brothers as you were made like your brothers. Thus, Jesus was a creature rather than the creator who made himself which is a nonsensical statement.

        el Masih wrote:
        (3) Rom. 8:3, “(Jesus)….in the LIKENESS OF A SINFUL MAN……….”
        So, in the light of these verses, it should be clear that Jesus’ humanized acts did not mean that he was actually a human being (John 8:23) but were the divinely designs that were to make Jesus not unnecessarily scare the humans but, rather be their SOURCE OF INSPIRATIONS.

        My reply:
        You’re suggesting that Jesus was not actually a human being? That means you are a heretic according to standard Trinitarian theology which specifically identifies Jesus as 100% human being. Scripturally, we know that Jesus was a man as Acts 2:22 clearly says. Elsewhere it is written, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5)
        The verse is in straightforward language clearly saying that God and Jesus are not the same and Jesus is indeed man(human being).

        el Masih wrote:
        ISAIAH 9:6-7
        6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.”

        My reply:
        I have already explained Isaiah 9:6 here http://unveiling-christianity......isaiah-96/

        el Masih wrote:
        John 14:8-9
        8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

        My reply:
        If you took the above verse literally then Jesus is actually the Father which contradicts basic Trinitarian theology which dictates that the Father is not the Son. Each perosn in the so called godhead is eternal and cannot become another person. What Jesus meant here is given in verse 7, “If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” The seeing here has nothing to do with physical sight. Rather, what is meant is that if you know(see) me, then you know(see) the father. Seeing in this instance means understanding or knowing. If I explained to a blind man that 2+2=4 then he says, “Oh I see”. Does that mean he is seeing with his eyes? No, it is merely an expression meaning “I understand”.

        el Masih wrote:
        John 10:30
        “ I and the Father are one.”

        My reply:
        I will allow the Trinitarian Protestant reform father, John Calvin to refute you:
        “The ancients greatly perverted this passage, when they would prove from it that Christ is identically of the same nature (or substantial) with the Father, for Christ speaks not concerning an unity of substance, but of the mutual agreement between the Father and himself, to wit, affirming that whatsoever he does would be sanctioned by the power of the Father.” (Buzzard, A. (2007). Jesus was not a Trinitarian: A Call to return to the Creed of Jesus. Morrow, GA: Restoration Fellowship. pp. 404)

        John 8:58
        58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

        My reply:
        The translation given is inaccurate because the word “born” is not found in the Greek text. This verse has nothing to do with Jesus’ preexistence because Jesus was speaking of abraham “seeing his day” NOT “seeing me(Jesus)” and rejoicing at it. The verse means that Jesus’ ministry or dispensation(day) was already in God’s plan before Abraham and it was revealed to the latter in his own day.Don’t you try to appeal to the charge of blasphemy made by the Jewish audience who was most probably lying because before Jesus said “Before Araham was, I am” the Jewish listeners accused him of claiming to have seen Abraham. This was not what Jesus claimed. Jesus claimed that Abraham SAW HIS DAY and not the other way around.

        el Masih wrote:
        8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

        My reply:
        Verse 8 does not refer to Jesus. Go back to verses 4 and 5, “race and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and(KAI) from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.” Thus we can see that the expression found in verse 8 “who is, and who was, and who is to come” is exactly the same found in verse 4 which DOES NOT refer to Jesus, but God(the Father).

        As usual, el Masih has miserably failed.

  32. rocky says:

    Ibn anwar already schooled nur bint laat about the ayah in 6 :9:

    Nur El-Masih Ben Haq said:

    You are still exposing your terrible ignorance about Islamic scriputres. The Qur’an too says the angel that appeared to Maryam assumed PERFECT nature of a man.

    The angels that were sent to Lut too assumed PERFECT nature of humans according to the Qur’an. You better learn Islam and stop embarrassing Muslims. If you are one of those Westerners who are lured to Islam with petro-dollars baits, you better study the religion otherwise your uninformed overzealousness would lead you into attacking Islam by default.
    My reply:

    To say that an angel became a man 100% is one thing, but to say that God Himself became 100% man is something completely different. An angel like the human being are both created things, hence both are limited by the very virtue of their being created beings. God on the other hand is an infinite being that is uncreated. The dichotomy between the divine and the created is astoundingly clear. It is inconceivable that the uncreated and unlimited could now become limited and created. It is as inconceivable as saying that God decided to stop being God and utterly changed Himself to something as lowly as an atom and ceases to be infinite. Neither Muslim nor honest Christian will suffer such a notion in our respective faiths. Nur El-Masih Ben Haq claims that the Qur’an speaks of angels who assumed perfect human nature. I challenge him to produce a single passage from the Qur’an that says an angel at any point in time actually became perfectly human 100%. In Nur El-Masih’s clumsy attempt to worship God he has in fact worshiped the created which makes him as idolatrous as any Hindu. What is the difference between his lamb worship and the Hindu’s cow worship except that one has fluffy fur and the other does not?

    Nur el-Masih may be trying to appeal to

    Surah Maryam(19(, verse 14 which says:
    فَأَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْهَا رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَرًا سَوِيًّا

    The key terms that are being appealed to are “fatamathala” and “sawiyyan”. The former comes from “mathala” which literally means “likeness”. The second term is “sawiyyan” from “sawy” which literally means well-proportioned. Some translations like the one by mufti taqi Uthmani opt for the word “perfect” for “sawiyyun” which is acceptable in its proper textual meaning. This perfection has to be understood in its correct perspective. The perfect similitude is not both an inward and outward exactness. It is simply the form that resembles exactly like that of a man, hence Taqi Uthmani’s rendering “he took before her the form of a perfect human being”. For example, a king may hire a sculptor to produce a perfect likeness of his person. Upon completing the statue we don’t have another king who is perfectly 100% the same. Rather, we have a form of the king that looks perfectly like him. This is the correct understanding that must be accepted when reading Mufti taqi Uthmani’s translation in light of how his father, Shafi’ Uthmani explains the verse in his Ma’riful Qur’an:

    “It is not given to a human being to see an angel in its real form, because he will be overwhelmed by fright at such an experience. This,indeed is, that happened to The Holy Prophet s.a.w. in the cave of Hira’ on his first encounter with Sayyidina Jibra’il, and again later on. Sayyidina Jibra’il appeared before Sayyidah Maryam in the form of a man, so as not to frighten her.” (Ma’riful Qur’an, Vol. 6, pp. 35)

    The same word سَوِيًّا(sawiyyan) occurs later in the same chapter in verse 43:

    يٰأَبَتِ إِنِّي قَدْ جَآءَنِي مِنَ ٱلْعِلْمِ مَا لَمْ يَأْتِكَ فَٱتَّبِعْنِيۤ أَهْدِكَ صِرَاطاً سَوِيّاً

    Mufti Taqi renders the above as, “My dear father, indeed there has come to me a knowledge that has not come to you; so, follow me, and I shall lead you to a straight path.” Notice that he does not use the word perfect for “sawiyyan” here. Why? Because linguistically, the semantic essence of “sawiyyan” is not “perfection”, but rather well-proportioned. Other translators opt for “even” as its choice for the word. The common word used for perfect in Arabic is كامل(kamil).

    Muhammad Asad renders the verse as, “We sent unto her Our angel of revelation, who appeared to her in the shape of a well-made human being.” He then explains it in the following manner:

    “Since -as is implied in 6:9 – mortals cannot perceive an angel in his true manifestation, God caused himto appear to Mary “in the shape of a well-made human being”, i.e., in a shape accessible to her perception.” (Asad, M. (2008). The Message of the Qur’an. The Book Foundation: pp. 585)

    In conclusion, the likeness that the angel appeared in was physical in nature. It was the facade that looked perfectly human, but the being itself did not actually become a true human being. I extend my challenge once more to Nur El-Masih to produce a single passage in the Qur’an which says that angels became 100% human at any point in time. Rest assured that he will not be able to do so till the day he dies.

    .

    this HUMBUG of a christian is REPEATING the same crap again. have they NO SHAME? HAVE THEY KNOW SHAME?

    6:9
    It suggests that if the angel is sent, then he will have the picture of the man and then the people will have another reason for confusion as in: Is he really an angel? or is he a man? and so on and therefore humans will get themselves confused just as they are confused in rejecting the human messenger.

    The Aya can be also understood in a simpler more superficial level. The words were wa labasna aaalayhim ma yalbisoon= And we dressed upon them what they dress. In this case, it is pointing that it will be a man dressed like other men, which can be confusing, as well

    6:9

    And they say: Why has not an angel been sent down to him? And had We sent down an angel, the matter would have certainly been decided and then they would not have been respited.

    The unbelievers were “asking” the Prophet (S), that if God wanted them to believe, then why not just send down an angel. The first response is that angels are sent to these people when the ‘matter has been decided’, meaning when the judgment has come regarding their own rejection. For example, when the angels were sent to the nation of Lut, it was to destroy them. In Badr, God had assisted the army of Muslims against the disbelievers, leading to the latter’s detsruction.

    The verse ins question is that, if God had sent an angel, the angel would be in the form of a man to maintain the very purpose of the test. And if this is the case, they would still be wandering in confusion. The sending of an angel has no bearing on the weight of the message. Their confusion is of their own making.

    None of these verses negate the possibility that God sends angels to certain humans.

    DON’T USE OUR SCRIPTURES for your dirty advantage.

  33. Daniel R says:

    Ibn

    I do not believe Jesus is God the Almighty, but I do believe He is the Messiah. This is the unfortunate thing about counterfeit Christianity. They have become deluded to thinking that the faith is about Jesus being Yahweh Elohim the Most High. Oneness Pentecostals even reject the Bible’s authority because they believe they are “exalting” Jesus to the highest esteem by making Him “all there is to God” and they believe that only they know Jesus. There are explanations for each and every verse but are the God-man adherents looking for it? No. Revelation 4-5 clearly proves that the Messiah is not God.

    However, you quote Psalm 102:27 to support your points. In Hebrews 1:10-12, this is ascribed to the Messiah. I have seen these two verses not directed at Yahweh Almighty but at the Messiah. Psalm 102:25-27 is ascribed as a response of Yahweh to the one praying to Yahweh, reqarding this one for his works. The verse is speaking of the Messiah’s activity in reproducing things anew.

    Yah bless.

  34. Saint Walee says:

    First of all, I find it refreshing that Ibn Anwar is seeking the Truth of God. I am not really familiar with Islam but am impressed that Ibn and others have looked into the New Testament writings, not at least to verify their faith.

    The apostle Paul admonishes the discussion of Christ
    Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

    Regarding the Divinity of Jesus, whether man can be God, or God can be man seems to be at the heart of this, with the conclusion from Ibn, from noted scripture, that man, and therefore Jesus, is not God.

    Jesus also addressed this issue in Joh_10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?.” in reference to Psa 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”

    But even beside that, the question needs to be asked, is all of creation not God?

    If I may expound on that. We read in Genesis that In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. Now, was the creation separate from God, or, is creation actually God? When God spoke, was the Word of God no longer God? Did the Word stop being God once it issued forth from Him and became that which was created?

    Was therefore Adam, as part of God’s creation, not also God?

    Let me further expound on Adam. Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Gen_1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

    How did God create man in his own image? Does God have two arms, two legs a body and a head like man? Probably not, though we don’t know for sure because no-one has seen (can see) God in all his Glory (although Moses caught a glimps of Him).

    This is the fun part, this is the Gospel of Jesus-Christ:

    Going on in regard to the creation of man in the image of God, we certainly can agree that that image was not a physical image. What kind of image was it then?

    Let’s go back to Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

    What do we see here? This is the first part of the creation. We have the Word proceeding from the “mouth” of God and creating Light. If I may, the Word came out of God as Light. And as I previously presented, Creation is God. So therefore, at this point, we have God (the Father if you will) and God the Light (the Son?). The same substance (God) but separated into Two.

    Now, after the creation of the heavens, the seas, land, etc. we get to the creation of man. Gen 1:26 says, “Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness…Gen 1:27So God created man in HIS own image, in the image of God created HE him; male and female created HE them. I capitalized US, OUR HIS and HE so that it is shown that God, now as TWO is still indeed ONE.

    Genesis 2 proceeds to tell us the story of Adam, and how he was basically lonely for someone like himself, so God separated a rib from Adam as he slept and created Woman. Now, where did we just see basically the same thing; in the creation of Light separated from God.

    So the image of God, literally is OUT OF ONE, TWO.

    But, that is not the Awesome part. Recall that in Genesis chapter two, we are given more detail regarding the creation of Adam; Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

    Here, you literally have God going into Adam, as breath (spirit) so that Adam became a living soul.

    This my friends IS CHRIST, the breath (word/light) of God within mankind.

    So what does all this have to do with Jesus?

    The New Testament book of Collossion pretty well sums it up:

    Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
    Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
    Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
    Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
    Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
    Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
    Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
    Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church:
    Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
    Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
    Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
    Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

    Also remember my friends what happened to Adam in the Garden of Eden, how he was disobedient to God and was removed from the Garden. Not only that, but God’s command was Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

    We know that Adam lived long after that and bore children. So was the Serpent correct? No, he wasn’t. For that day, the spirit of God that was breathed into Adam died! And was “buried” in sinful man. Again, that spirit we know as Christ, the same spirit which lives in every man, woman and child on the face of the Earth and who has ever lived, now lives and will live. God’s son, Christ was imprisoned in man until…

    Per the original argument of this sight, Jesus is not God, which I have shown just isn’t true, as it is that all creation is God (by His Word). But then if Jesus is just the Son of Man, as he did claim in the scriptures, why do Christians refer to him as the Son of God, the Messiah (anointed one), or Emmanuel (God with us)?

    Remember that Christ, the breath of God died in Adam the day of sin? That same Christ has been carried through all generations, all of sinful man, except one. Jesus was blameless and did not sin, for even his virgin birth by Mary took him out of the sinful line of mankind. Jesus was totally obedient to God. He did not grieve the spirit within him. Jesus was the only man in all of creation and time who did not sin. However, as Christ within mankind was dead because of sin, and also in Jesus still dead, Jesus had to pay the price for sin for the forgiveness of sin.

    Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

    The prophecies of Jesus shedding his blood: Psa_22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
    Zec_12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

    And the fulfillment of Jesus shedding his blood: Joh_19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

    So you see, the forgiveness of sins was accomplished by the blood of Jesus on the Cross.

    The Cross:

    In Prophecy Psa_22:1 To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

    In fulfillment Mat_27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

    Was Jesus not crying to God the Father and to God the Christ? For God cannot look upon sin and at that time, the sins of the world were cast upon Him!

    The Resurrection:
    Mar_9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

    Ibn, you state; “The name is AL-BA’ITH which means THE ONE WHO RESURRECTS/THE RESURRECTOR.” and claim that it does not mean the resurrection. Look at it again; Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

    You state so correctly, for God the Father indeed resurrected Jesus from the dead, and so is therefore the RESURRECTOR. But the RESURRECTOR of what?

    Christians claim, and their entire hope and faith rests on the Resurrection. Now, this is the mystery of God fulfilled. Not only did God the father, or Alah as interpreted in your language, raised not only Jesus, in bodily form, but more importantly, raised CHRIST with him, who remember was in Jesus as in all mankind since the creation of Adam.

    That is why we Christians worship JESUS-CHRIST.

    1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
    1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
    1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
    1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

    Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
    Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
    Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
    Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
    Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
    Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
    Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
    Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
    Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
    Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
    Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
    Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
    Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
    Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
    Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

    The righteousness of man can never save him, only the atoning work of Jesus on the Cross can do that.

    Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

    Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Leave a Reply