“It is to be believed because it is absurd”- Tertullian

Posted by Ibn Saad

The following quote comes from an early church leader in his work, De Carne Christi. I was reminded of this saying,when I came across a video on the trinity on youtube. The video is below:

Now let us compare this ‘mess’ with the concept of God in Islam:

Surah Ikhlas(112)
112.001 Say: He is Allah (SWT), the One and Only;
112.002 Allah (SWT), the Eternal, Absolute;
112.003 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
112.004 And there is none like unto Him.

For those who still adhere to the Trinitarian doctrine, I remind you that:

God is not the author of confusion( 1 Corinthians 14:33)

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 Responses to ““It is to be believed because it is absurd”- Tertullian”

1. Roy Wahab says:

This guy is a LOSER. Not only does he make it sound so complicated, but he has an attitude that I can’t see past! Sorry for the confusion Muslims! I regret there are Christians who post stuff like that, thinking they are clearing the air. [sigh]

A Christian,
    Roy Wahab

2. Ibn Anwar says:

Assalamu’alaikum and Greetings,
    Well Roy..I think the guy has explained the concept better than many Christians I’ve met..lol..but it is quite confusing I must agree…lol

3. Fraiser says:

This guy is not attempting to elucidate the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. He is intentionally mocking it. You’ve taken a video by a critic of Christianity and put it forward as a video put out by a Christian. This is obviously not a useful explanation of the Trinity, and it’s not intended to be so. If a Christian takes a video of an idiot muslim or a person attempting to mock Islam and puts it forward as an argument against Islam, would you take it seriously? Your post lacks integrity and credibility. Only those who already agree with you are sympathetic to the point you attempt to make.

4. Ibn Anwar says:

Greetings,
    Thank you for dropping by and pointing out to me a mistake by the author of the above article which I honestly did not notice before. Indeed, the person in the video “explaining” the trinity isn’t a Christian, but is actually an atheist. I shall rectify the error in due course. The video however, shall remain since it does prove some very crucial points e.g. trinity is confusing and the verses given add to that confusion. In any case, if you wish to read and participate in a “serious” discussion about the trinity you can refer to our Trinity Challenge thread. Several Christians have been exposed for their lack of integrity and knowledge of the scriptures there. Do join the discussion if you may. Thank you again.

5. IslamicReplies says:

The video has been taken down some time ago. You can watch the video here, since uploaded it recently