Jesus’ return

WHEN and HOW IS CHRIST COMING AGAIN?
by Ibn Anwar

“When is Christ coming again? Since the time that Jesus went to Heaven, men have tried to say when He will return. Yet the Bible clearly teaches that no man knows when Christ will return. “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only” (Matthew 24:36)”(King James Version)..from tftw.org

VS.

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matthew 24:36)” (Revised Standard Version)

Where did “nor the Son” go in the KJV of Matthew 24:36? This is how Christians mint the “words of God”. One moment it’s there, the next it’s not or vice versa.

Jesus compared to a thief???

“When will Jesus come again? The angels in heaven do not know. Jesus did not even know. No man knows. Only God knows. We must not say when Jesus will return because we do not know. We only know that He will return. We must believe this! “For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night” (1 Thessalonians 5:2). http://www.tftw.org/courses/bcc_bbs_l14.html

Is there no other similitude to be bestowed by Paul to his mighty master Jesus Christ? This declaration of Paul does indeed reflect his nature, that of a thief and liar (2nd Corinthians 12:16).   In addition that verse is now contradicted by:”Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7).

Will Jesus be coming in a thief like sense, quiet, hidden and in the shadows OR will he come like a glorious triumphant king, watched and marveled BY EVERY EYE(infants, youths, adults, old people, and even the BLIND!!(they technically do have eyes but without sight) ). Currently there are about 6 to 7 billion people on earth. In a few years time the number will grow even bigger…so all these BILLIONS of people are going to see Jesus coming ? How? Through live news coverage by CNN?

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 Responses to “Jesus’ return”

1. Genu says:

“nor the son”:

a) The meaning is the same in all the versions.
    b) Some manuscripts do not have “nor the Son”, which is why its left out in some translations. But when it says “My Father only”, its pretty obvious.

“..in the shadows OR will he come like a glorious triumphant king..”

He has already come as a Saviour. His second coming will be as a Judge

“How? Through live news coverage by CNN?”
    Maybe. No one knows.

2. Ibn Anwar says:

Greetings,
    Did I claim the meaning in the different versions of the verse differed? No, I did not. That was not the point. The point is that in some manuscripts the words “nor son” is found whilst others do not have it. What exactly did Jesus say? Did he say what we find in the KJV or the RSV? Can someone put words in the mouth of Jesus to emphasise a point when Jesus in reality never really uttered them? Do you understand the concept of fabrication and lie? If Jesus never said “nor the son” then the scribes who wrote the manuscripts that contain the phrase MINTED the words of God. That was the point.

“How? Through live news coverage by CNN?”
    Maybe. No one knows.

Maybe? Didn’t Paul say, “Prove all things” ? Do you honestly think people all over the world including those living in the jungles of the Amazon, Malaysia and Indonesia will be witnessing such an event through television screens? No, the fact is you can’t answer the logical problem that verse poses, hence your saying “maybe” lol.

3. Genu says:

….im sorry i can debate you for days if not months in these comments about your every concern, but we both know it will lead no where. You biblical interpretations are what you want them to be, or else you wouldn’t put them on this site. If I knew you personally, I would sit down with you and address all of your questions….so I recommend that you seek to find answers from Christian persons in you local area who know the word of God, rather than talk to any one person online who calls themselves Christian, and draw you conclusion.

and FYI, there is only one contradiction in the bible, which is actually just a typo in the English translation. I’ll let you figure out where it is…I’ll be praying for you

4. Ibn Anwar says:

Greetings,
    Oh yes, that solves everything! oh, i’m sorry i can debate you for days if not months about your every concern, but we both know it will lead nowhere. Lol….we haven’t even started and you’re bailing out..OF COURSE it ain’t gonna lead anywhere. Christians are indeed very amusing. What a thin excuse to get out of a predicament..you know very well you can’t answers with reason and that’s why like John Fraiser you’re abandoning ship. If you knew me personally you’d sit down with me and address my every concern? You don’t even know the Bible(s) and the diverse Christianities there are and you want to address my every concern if you knew me? You must be joking. Anyway, can you show me where the Bible tells you to preach only to those whom you know personally? 1 Peter 3:15 says anyone ..where does it say only to those whom you know personally? lol…excuses after excuses. You suggest that I talk to Christians in real life? You think I have not done that? lol..As I mentioned in my previous comment I have conversed with numerous Christians. They include people online as well as offline. None have been able to been able to present satisfactory answers to any of my concerns. Thank you for proving to the readers that like all the other Christians who have tried to engage unveiling christianity you too have failed miserably and end up fleeing the scene with excuses tailing behind…typical.

5. thiest says:

Matthew 24:36 STILL proves Jesus is NOT all-knowing because Jesus said: “knoweth NO man.”

Was Jesus a man? YES:

John 8:40: Jesus said:
    “But now ye seek to kill me, A MAN that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.”

Acts 2:22:
    “Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, A MAN approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know.”

Jesus was NEVER all-knowing, BUT God is:

1 John 3:20:
    “For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows EVERYTHING.”